New Orleans, Louisiana
174th Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America
4–8 December 2017
We will grant free registration to credentialed journalists and professional freelance journalists. If you are a reporter and would like to attend, contact Emilie Lorditch email@example.com or Julia Majors firstname.lastname@example.org at AIP Media 301-209-3090. For urgent requests, staff at email@example.com can also help with setting up interviews and obtaining images, sound clips or background information. LIVE MEDIA WEBCAST To register, please go to: http://www.aipwebcasting.com/webcast/registration/1217.php
SCHEDULE OF PRESS CONFERENCES Note: All press conference times are in Central Standard Time (CST)
Location: Press conferences will be held in Studio 1 of the New Orleans Marriott
Tuesday, December 5
- Rosario Signorello, Laboratoire de Phonétique et Phonologie — The influence of vocal disorder on the perception of charisma in political speech
- Kyle Spratt, Applied Research Laboratories, The University of Texas at Austin — Champagne bubble acoustics
- Ilene Busch-Vishniac, BeoGrin Consulting — Hospital noise: how bad is it?
- Joshua Veillon, The University of New Orleans — New Orleans Jazz Clarinet sounds
- Anthony Nash, Charles M. Salter Associates, Inc. — Sound pressures generated by exploding eggs
Lay Language Papers
MEMBERS OF THE PRESS – To search by Author, Abstract Code or Date (e.g. October 29) – simply enter the author name, abstract code or date in the search box to the right. To search for ALL papers matching a certain Category or Meta tag, click on the appropriate link on the sidebar.