Effective Media Interactions Training Workshop
Speaking to the Media
- Coming soon
Writing for the Media
- Download the writing handout as a fillable word document or PDF
- Click here to view the ASA Lay Language Paper Checklist.
- Use the Nature summary paragraph to write your summary: https://www.nature.com/documents/nature-summary-paragraph.pdf
- Use the De-Jargonizer at http://scienceandpublic.co or Up-goer-five text editor: https://splasho.com/upgoer5/ to remove jargon.
- Coming soon: L. K. Jones, Reaching Reporters, Teachers, and Bosses — Lay Language Papers
Using Social Media
- Check out the ASA publications’ social media guide for posting templates
- Use social media management tools like Hootsuite or Later to schedule or cross post content.
- When making a post, be sure it
- is short and to the point (or the first sentence is a good hook).
- avoids jargon where possible.
- includes an image or figure that can be understood with little context.
- tags the relevant users on the platform.
- includes relevant hashtags.